Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2001:
[aclug-L] from AUI to RJ45

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] from AUI to RJ45
From: "Jared Falvo" <luposian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:59:24 -0700

Can this be done easily without much expense?  Can I build the adapter myself?
Is AUI simply a connector type and not a networking protocol or such?

I have an 8-bit ISA networking card (Novell Anthem NE1000) with both BNC and
AUI connectors.  I need a 10BASE-T connector (RJ45) to use for DSL.  I figure I
might as well see if I can jury-rig this card to work before spending $20 or so
on a  cheapy PCI network card.

Can it be done?  If so, I need schematics so I can build the converting cable
myself...

Jared