Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Thanks for the help, now down to snd card

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Thanks for the help, now down to snd card
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 04:46:39 -0600 (CST)

try www.alsa-project.org...  i use it for my Ensoniq AudioPCI (es1370) and
it works great (better than the last kernel support i tried)...  it's not
too hard to install w/ their GUI (text-based, but east to use)
installer...  and, i'm pretty sure i saw the AC'97 supported....  just
glancing thru 'make xconfig' i don't see the AC'97 (unless it would be
listed under another name...  so many cards have so many names!)
supported, but i'm sure ALSA could get that up and going for you!

gLaNDix