Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Intel i810 Graphics Support

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Intel i810 Graphics Support
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:34:10 -0500

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000, you wrote:

>       Debian 2.2 doesn't seem to "like" this card/chipset.  Eventually,
> maybe we can solve this mystery, but until then, I recommend RedHat or
> some other LINUX distro to the users of this chipset.

My guess is that Debian doesn't have the agpgart module built for you. It seems
that once that module is there, XF86 will load it for you when your start X.
The i810 chipset won't work without it. I believe the source for it comes with
XF86 3.3.6 (and higher), so you should be able to build it yourself.

Greg