Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Loading network card module at boot time!!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Loading network card module at boot time!!
From: Mohammad Islam <sohel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:11:34 -0500

james l wrote:

> Try adding the line
> options ne io=0x280
> to /etc/conf.modules
> that should load it,
> James L

Yea... i nedded to add the following two lines in conf.modules

alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x280

(What this does is pass parameters to the driver(s) when a particular
module is being loaded by the kernel)

And that did it. Now my ISA (YUCK!!!) nic comes up at boot time.

I think its time to get a PCI NIC!!! (Thanks TOM for your
suggestions!!!!)

I do have one question... how do i manage what modules i want to load at
boot time? I mean how do I tell the kernel to load a particular set of
modules?

Thanks.

Moe