Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Loading network card module at boot time!!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Loading network card module at boot time!!
From: Maverick Ieong <mluvw47@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:50:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
   I am not an expert on that, but last time what I
did on my NIC, I found out it is using the right
modules, just like your is "ne.o", you may check the
HOWTO page, and recompile the kernel and make as
modules, so it will auto load the modules when boot
up.

    That is my idea, but for sure, you can find anyway
to do more simply. I think there is a find like
"autoexec.bat" on dos when linux boot up, init.xx
something, I pass on this part, since I am running
Debian. Hope it helps.
                                        Mav

--- Mohammad Islam <sohel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Guys/Gals,
>
> Just installed RH 6.1 on my machine. The
> installation program did not
> ask for network card info and all that. So i loaded
> the ne.o module
> manually (/sbin/modprobe -a ne.o io=0x280) and then
> used ifconfig to
> bring it up. Now when i rebooted my box, i saw that
> eth0 was failed to
> initialize. I supppose i need to pass some type of
> boot parameters to
> kernel at boot time for my netcard (Io and IRQ) so
> that it will be
> iniliazed at boot time. How do i go about doing it?
> Or do i need to
> configure some file somewhere so that my netcrad
> will be up
> automatically at boot time?
>
> I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.
>
> Moe
>
> -- This is the discussion@xxxxxxxxx list.  To
> unsubscribe,
> visit