Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: DOS

To: Clint Brubakken <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: DOS
From: The Kurgan <Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 05:09:23 -0500

Hello Clint,

CB> Nope  I don't remember saying that, I said I had a friend with a video
CB> card that works under linux with fixed frequency monitors

   Yeah, you mentioned it last year when I first got the monitor from
   hell. You offered to take it down with you to Wichita to mess
   around with but it wouldn't fit in your car. No biggie, though.
   I'll get this sucker nailed eventually. Scary part is that it's
   looking like I'll have to go with <gasp> Win 3.11.... <shiver> or
   maybe 95 first edition.

CB> you might want to check out
CB> http://www.bigmonitors.com/support/download_central/index.htm

   Oh yeah, been there & done that. My vid card (ImageAccel 1600 aka
   pc1608c/10) isn't listed, even on the obsolete page anymore, so I
   don't know if it's a damned version 1 or 2 (I doubt it's a 3 or higher)
   so even grabbing the old drivers is a pain in the ass. Gonna call em
   Monday and talk to tech support to verify which darned card I have.
   What I'd really love to do is find a driver for it to use with
   linux and then just slap a new hd in and run a dual boot dos/linux
   box. That would be slick. Whatever moron came up with the idea of
   fixed freq monitors should be shot with a moldy twinkie. :)

   Kurgan                       mailto:Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx