Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] problems getting kernel source

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] problems getting kernel source
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:26:08 -0500 (CDT)

Okay, I've spent hours trying to download the kernel source so I can
recompile my kernel. It doesn't seem to want to decompress correctly, or
if it does, it won't let me configure it. I've tried apt-get and even
ftping the source from kernel.org.

Can someone send the step-by-step instructions for downloading the kernel
source (on Debian) and getting it ready to configure? I can run "make
xconfig" and everything after that.

I'm running a fresh installation of Debian potato, and would like to use
the 2.2.17 kernel. Also, I'd like to get this done tonight.

Thanks,
John