Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] C programing problem

To: "discussion@xxxxxxxxx" <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] C programing problem
From: james <solosuze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:47:01 -0500

Hi, I'm trying to learn C (keyword here is _TRYING_). I'm trying to make
an arithmetic quiz program, it's coming along allright But i'm having  a
problem.

The first version of the program presented a menu, and the user would
choose a subject (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). Once
the user decided the Program would show a problem, ask for a solution,
tell the user if they were right, and then ask if they wanted  another
problem. If they did it would repeat, if not it would return to main()
and reshow the menu.

Version 2 presents the menu, then when the user picks a subject, it
gives them 5 problems and returns to the menu automatically (kinda).
This works in the addition() function but not in the subtraction()
function. In the subtraction() function, it will only show 3 problems
and then returns to the menu.

I've included the source code, so if someone could please look it over
and lend me a hand on this I would be more then thankful. Also if you
have any suggestions on how I could improve the program those would be
appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,
 James H.

-- Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-TextPad.c
-- File: mathQuiz.c