Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Tech question

To: aclug-l <aclug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Tech question
From: The Kurgan <Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:58:05 -0500

 Ok, got a problem and could use advice. I'm working on a system for
 someone and have gone through three motherboards already, each damn
 one with a problem. Finally I get one that appears to work ok and
 then the keyboard isn't working. I've tried other kb's and get the
 same thing. They even light up, etc, but the system isn't receiving
 anything from it. As far as I can tell the controller looks ok with
 no obvious cracks or scarring. So, is there anything at all that
 could conflict with it? Am I SOL? I hate the idea of having to go
 hunting for a new board AGAIN. What about alternative controllers?
 Has anyone ever produced a controller card for a keyboard that I
 could use as an alternative (kinda like an IDE card but for a
 keyboard)? Any help is vastly appreciated. Thanks.

Kurgan                      mailto:Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx