Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: The be SOUND!! 6.2 can see my sound chip!

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: The be SOUND!! 6.2 can see my sound chip!
From: "Jeremy King" <jmking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 02:18:32 -0500

I don't have any clue how good these applications are, since I've never
used them, but you should check into Applixware (I think that's the
name) which is a productivity suite for Linux.  I saw it at CompUSA, or
you can probably download it.  Also, Gnumeric is Gnome's answer to
excel.  You should be able to find a standalone version of Wordperfect
for a much lower price than the full office suite.  I've used none of
these, so I don't have any idea how good the import filters work for the
MS file formats.  Let me know if you find something that works well.

Jeremy