Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: red hat 6.2

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: red hat 6.2
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:30:18 -0500

See attatched file.  I get device or recourse busy.   I have spent two complete
saturdays trying to configure this, and no matter what is tried, and 6.0 does
not even see the card, I had to copy stuff from windoz device mangler.  The
best I have gotten, is a sound of potatoe chips being eaten in an oil drum.
now my volume control works with the cd player, and the microphone goes hot
about half way through the boot process (about time the pci is looked at)  The
mother board is a sis and the video and sound are both sis.

On Fri, 08 May 1998, you wrote:
> Michael Holmes wrote:
>
> > is red hat 6.2 the latest version and does it address the problems of 6.1?
> > am running 6.0 and it does not recognize my sound card, and 6.1 does not
>
> what kind of sound card is it?
>

> > recognize my video card.  Both are imbedded in the M/B, so changing them is
> > not
>
> again, what kind of card?
>
> They may be supported, look at http://www.redhat.com/support/hardware/
>

> > an option.  Does 6.2 recognize cd-rw's ?
> >
> >  --
> > Michael A. Holmes

Michael A. Holmes
A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort

                                            Herm Albright

-- Type: text/english
-- File: isapnp.conf