Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: I am a smeghead (Letter of apology)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: I am a smeghead (Letter of apology)
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Apr 2000 22:11:34 -0500

James <pantherace13@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think the reason that many of the people think that ACLUG does not cater to
> newbies is because it doesn't really. I see that the reason may be that you
> all (original ACLUG) started out together as mostly newbies. Those newbies
> have now done one of 2 things, 1) become gurus (or experenced users at least)
> 2) left.

No, this is not the case.  ACLUG has always had people of every
different level of experience in it.  Right from our very first
meeting.

> discovery. The ACLUG should try to recrute as many people from the community
> as possible, and get them together and let them go on pretty much their own.

If you'd like we could set up a separate mailing list and see how that
goes, maybe that would be an indicator of the general success.
However my hunch is that this wouldn't really benefit people.

I am curious what you see as the specific deficiencies currently and
what ACLUG might be able to do to remedy them.  Specific things and
realistic suggestions for helping could be quite useful.

-- John