Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: netscape questions

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: netscape questions
From: "Jeremy King" <jmking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 19:54:36 -0500

I believe that Netscape 5 was the codebase that Mozilla inheirited from
Netscape, but decided to drop.  As to the size of the download, I would
guess that it is related to the difference between windows and linux
download methods.  I know that the windows version requires you to do an
initial download of a download configuration utility--that allows you to
strip out unnecessary stuff like mail and composer without having to
download the full package.  I think that they are  only allowing a download
of a complete binary for linux, meaning you get the mail and other junk
whether you want it or not.  I did the windows download at work, but haven't
downloaded it for linux because it still isn't feature complete.  It really
looks nice though.

Jeremy