Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: LInux sucks

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: LInux sucks
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 15:13:26 -0500

once again, I've downloaded (multipule copies of ) both the
varicad demo and the 30 day key.
what you are describing is an isolated case and i doubt has
anything to do with varicad.
when the key expires, you start getting a message that
states that the demo version will no longer save.  That is
all!

I would recommend contacting them.
if someone is using their return email address to crash
peoples machines it would be hard to prove after your
machine is gone.

would you mind if i contacted them.
if there is something up i will pull them from my site.

phrostie

"Michael A. Holmes" wrote:

> After restoring track 0 of the hard drive, with the western digital ez
> drive, I now have linux up and sorta running. My home directory is trashed,
> there but in the scan disk, it said 30% was non contiguous, / directory was
> 15% non contiguous.  Several programs crash, kmail in the /home/mike
> directory locks up the computer and a control alt backspace is the only way
> to get any control  of the computer back.
>
> LINUX IS ABLE TO BE CRASHED BY EMAIL!!!!!!!!!
>
> All I did was try out a cad program, and when the time expired the email
> crashed my computer.  The email opened from /mike accessed my root
> authority and crashed the linux operating system.
>
> Mike

phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos
and danced the skies on LINUX silvered wings.
http://www.cottagesoft.com/~phrostie/cad-tastrafy