Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: kde

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: kde
From: "Jeremy King" <jmking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:46:05 -0600

If I recall correctly, kde's filemanager is a browser.  It doesn't give you
java support, but you can type http://... into the location/address bar in
the filemanager and it will display.  I haven't tried mozilla on linux yet,
but netscape is supposed to be on the verge of slapping their name on the
mozilla code and calling it Netscape 6.0beta.  What I've seen of mozilla on
my NT box at work looks promising.  Hopefully Mozilla will fix the sorry
state of graphical browsers on linux--I've been far more satisfied with lynx
than any of the graphical browsers I've tried.

Jeremy