Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] XFree86-4.0 problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] XFree86-4.0 problems
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:02:55 -0600 (CST)

does anyone have the latest version (4.0) of XFree86 up and running
successfully?  i've tried, but to no avail...  everything looks right and
is configured, but on boot, it hangs when it starts the X Font Server.  It
just never gets past it.  I was up until 6am this morning working on that
damn thing, and when i woke up this morning, it was still setting at the
boot screen on the xfs startup.  X will run fine w/o xfs, but i have no
fonts (or rather, very few)...

ideas???  i'm missing my WindowMaker! : ^ )

jesse

          <<< Jesse Kaufman (kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) >>>