Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Netscape error

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Netscape error
From: root <mmiller1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:16:59 -0600

Dan:

I am using Mandrake-Linux 7.0, but I did in the past use RH 6.1, and I think
they are the same
configuration-wise. Anyway, on to your question:

When you installed the Linux software, did you elect to set up a Local LAN? If
so, there should have
been a dialog box open up that said something to the effect of using dhcp/bootp.
Did you check that
option? I say this because I have had those same errors, and it turns out my
network connection was
not configured correctly. If you do not wish to reinstall, I would recommend
running linuxconf, and
read the instructions for setting dhcp for IP resolution.

Let me know how this turns out, and if I can be of further assistance. Thanks.

Matthew A. Miller