Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] IP Masq and games

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] IP Masq and games
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 00:01:22 -0600

I have a relative staying with me for a few days that wants to play a game
called Delta Force, which is a Quake-like game. My setup is a linux box
running IP Masq over cable modem, and a Windows box on the network, but it
won't allow him to play the game over the internet, most likely due to the
IP Masq. I've not had trouble with any other TCP/IP applications on that
Windows box not working before, and we tried all the network options I
could find in the game settings. Does anyone have any suggestions for how
to get it running?

Thanks,
John