Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: disable login

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: disable login
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:00:45 -0600

If they only use the account for telnet or ssh , I think you can just
create a shell script that echos a message you'd like them to see or does
absolutely nothing, and set that shell script to be their login shell - the
last field in their passwd entry. That won't disable other services that
only use the password like ftp or mail, so you'll still probably be better
off staring (*) their password.

John