Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2000:
[aclug-L] stuff(trade,sell)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] stuff(trade,sell)
From: Thomas Bloom <thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:26:22 -0600

Send questions to tom@xxxxxxxxx

I am cleaning out my room.  With that I am getting rid of anything that I
am not using.  Here is a list of thing I want to get out of my room.
Anything that I do not get rid of will be moved to a room at work, and
start its life over in my new cluster.  If you would like to see picture
the best I can do is to take pictures with my b/w QuickCam, or I can bring
the small things to an Aclug meeting.

I have spent years accumulating this equipment.  Most of it I have received
from people that could not make it work.  Once I made it work I lost
interest in it.  I just need to clean up my room, This will make my
girlfriend happy.

These are the prices I would like to see, but If you would like to make me
an offer I would be happy to make a deal.  What ever does not sell goes on
to ebay, then trash.

Everything here is linux supported

19" IBM 6091 fix freq monitor. $50        $120 monitor,card,cable
VGA to 5 BNC monitor cable.    $20

I have settings for this monitor
4MB video card                 $100
   This card will run a lot of fixed freq monitors
   It is supported under Linux
   the chipset is Cirrus Logic 5480
   This card will run the IBM 6091 in text and X
   I have only goes 1280x1024.  I have run the monitor at
   1280x1024@16-24 bit color
   Keep in mind that this monitor is big, and heavy.

Storage
1   100MB ext par zip drive  works  $45         $60 with disks
5-6 100MB zip disk               works  $5 each

500MB Wangtek 5525es tape drive    $10          $15 drive,and tapes
500MB tapes for      $5 each

scsi hard drives & controller        $180 controller,5hd, and cable
symbios pci  53c875J   scsi controller 50,68 pin connection $50
3 4 GB Seagate ST15150N   Works  $50 each
1 2 GB DEC                        Works  $30
1 1.6 GB Micropolis 2217     Works  $20
7 connection scsi ribbon cable      $10

motherboard
386 sx 25Mhz AT $1

486 motherboard 8-30pin simms, 3 VLB slots AT  $2

socket 5  dule pent motherboard 6-72pin simms, 4pci 4 EISA  $10
    this motherboard does not have on board controllers
    it will work with pent up to 90Mhz

socket 7 pent MB 4 pci 4 ISA 4 72-pin simms  $15
    On board serial does not work.
    I have been using this for 6 months in my nfs machine.  $
    It will go up to 166 Mhz

Processors

Cyrix 6x86L-PR200+GP  $20
Pent 90Mhz (socket 5) $10
pent 75Mhz (socket 7 or 5) $15
486 sx 33   $1

Misc
1x or 2x(not sure) Creative cdrom with Sb16 ,non IDE     $10

Case fans.  These were salvaged from other systems.      $2-5

Eproms for disk less workstations.  If you have some old network cards, and
you want to try to make a disk less workstations.  I just need to know what
kind of network card it is, and I should be able to find a packet driver
for it, and I can make you a eprom from your card.  $2.0 If you know what
type of network card, and you know the settings, $4 if I have to search for
settings, and type.  I think I have about 25 blank eproms.

Full tower Gateway case, with power supply > 220W.  $10
desktop AT case with 230W power supply.  $5