Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: [announce] ACLUG Logo Contest

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [announce] ACLUG Logo Contest
From: Nate Bargmann <ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:50:44 -0600

Since I don't have an artistic nerve in my body, I'll just describe
the idea I had for anyone who may care to draw it.  I'd just like
an itsy bit of credit if it inspires anyone to draw the winning
entry.  :)

This can be considered to be under the GPL, of course.

Despite the fact I work for a railroad, the is the Air Capital Linux
User Group, so I' describe an airplane theme.

The image in my head is one of Tux flying a bi-winged Sopwith Camel
style airplane wearing goggles and a scarf (think Snoopy chasing the
Red Baron).  The view angle could be from the front, slightly above
and to the left of the plane.  As for insignias on the plane, that
escapes me (gotta leave room for artistic interpretation :), but if
the logo were large enough perhaps some small Windows logos could be
visible just below the cockpit, ala aces who painted the flag of
their kills on their planes.

I'm not sure what could be added to denote Wichita, perhaps the ape
looking over the wall at Donrey on I-135?

- Nate >>

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "None can love freedom
 Internet | ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx                   | heartily, but good