Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] upcoming meeting and other business

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] upcoming meeting and other business
From: bert <bert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 22:56:29 -0600

NFS,
> which allows sharing files with UNIX clients.  As time permits, we may

> also cover the CODA file system and RAID (Redundant Array of
Inexpensive
> Disks).

 >Tom Bloom will be the speaker for tonight's meeting.

I recall Tom mentioning he might cover IP masquerading,
IP chains,  IP tunnelling (VPN), and the glory of running
these thru a firewall.  I hope he leans towards the basics
of  "secure" sharing using these programs.

> OTHER BUSINESS

i'd like to propose that a system be devised for getting to
know those that do attend the aclug meetings.

wouldn't it be nice to put a face to an email address?

maybe the board of directors and those attending, if they desire,
could use the white board to list one's name and email address
and then wear a number associated with what's on the board, for
instance: 1) clint brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
he ought to like being number 1.
2) dale hodge <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
and you guys slap on a name tag with a big number on it.

maybe, the board members could use special colored
numbers or some such.

just a thought

peace