Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: vmware question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: vmware question
From: Bob_Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:44:02 +0000

glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> is there any way (possibly using VMWare) to test using my computer as a
> Dial-on-Demand gateway?  ie: use VMWare to simulate a computer
> connected to my machine, then set it up to use my machine as the
> dial-on-demand gateway / router for internet?  i don't have two
> computers, but it would be nice to test this stuff out before i go to
> the client's place and spend the whole day realizing i misunderstood
> how to do something...

Hmmm...  It should work just fine...  But do you really need a whole
other machine to test this?

If you setup diald to bring up the line, it should not matter if the
traffic is local or from the network...

Of course, masquarading and routes would be important, and perhaps a
second host (even virtual) would be of use to test this setup in
advance...

--
      -=  Bob =-
Hey.. This is my mail and I charge for SPAM I receive...