Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: ftp question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ftp question
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:33:30 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Michael Lindsey wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Can someone tell me how I can recursively get directories from command line
> ftp?  I know about mget for multiple files, but there is always that
> confirmation question.  And, I am not sure if it will pull multiple
> directories and the directories below them etc.  I can't find this on the
> net anywhere.  Thanks for your help.

use ncftp or wget, the regular command line ftp has no such option I am
aware

> Michael

Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
Dictator-for-Life Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---
"The open-source approach is not a magic bullet for every type of software
development project."

  -- Brian Behlendorf on OSS (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)