Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: East High-Connecting to MS Proxy server from Linux

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: East High-Connecting to MS Proxy server from Linux
From: "The Bobster" <thebobster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:39:09 -0600

Question:
Are you setting up a Linux machine to operate as a proxy server to replace
the MS Proxy 2 server or are you trying to set up internet connectivity
through the MS Proxy from Linux? I'm a little unclear. I have not had a
problem setting up Linux on the protected side of a MS Proxy. Keep in mind
that if you are a student, FTP ports might be blocked at the proxy.
preventing you from downloading. I'd need a little more info.

Thanks,

The Bobster