Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: linux stocks

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: linux stocks
From: David Duffey <dduffey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 03:38:57 +0000

"James G." wrote:

> What were the reasons why talking about linux stocks was a bad idea? I
> wish at least one person here had an interest. I missed out on corel
> today. It just about doubled. :(
>
> james

Not that I recommend buying CORL, but:

I don't think you have "missed out", unless you think that linux is
just a fad that is soon to go away.  I bought corel about a year ago
at $1.5/share (as symbol COFF) and sold it after it doubled,
way before todays price of $28. (yeah, you can call me stupid)

Corel has been steadily increasing, and it's low $1.5 was due to
bad business, and a long period of not making any money.  The last few
quarters have been good and the company has a good outlook.

At $5/share would you have missed out? at $10? $20?  If the company
has a bright future, you believe in it's profitability, and is not
extremely overpriced (as to take a decade to reach it's potential) there
is no reason that you shouldn't buy it now.

Hind sight is always 20/20

K-State LUG President,

--
David Duffey                     dduffey@xxxxxxx
511 Marlatt Hall                   (785)395-5140