Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Sun Box

To: ACLUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Sun Box
From: Curtis Hawthorne <cghawthorne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 15:56:12 -0600

My dad went to an auction the other day and came home with two computers - a
486 and a Sun Sparc Station 2.

The Sun box doesn't have a monitor however, and I have no experiance at all
with Sun products.  Here are my questions:

What kind of hardware does a SparcStation2 have and what is it comparable to in
the "Intel World"?

Is it worth buying all of the adapters and stuff I would need to make it run?

If not, would I be able to use any of the hardware from it (like hard drives,
memory, etc.)

Thanks!

Curtis H.