Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: HELP!!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: HELP!!!
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Nov 1999 20:31:08 -0600

One way is to compile the code for the second as a module.  There is
another way as well.

Per the Ethernet Howto:

 There are two ways that you can enable auto-probing for the second
  (and third, and...) card. The easiest method is to pass boot-time
  arguments to the kernel, which is usually done by LILO. Probing for
  the second card can be achieved by using a boot-time argument as
  simple as ether=0,0,eth1. In this case eth0 and eth1 will be assigned
  in the order that the cards are found at boot.  Say if you want the
  card at 0x300 to be eth0 and the card at 0x280 to be eth1 then you
  could use

       LILO: linux ether=5,0x300,eth0 ether=15,0x280,eth1

  The ether= command accepts more than the IRQ + I/O + name shown above.
  Please have a look at ``Passing Ethernet Arguments...''  for the full
  syntax, card specific parameters, and LILO tips.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 1,114,168th digit of pi is 8.