Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Directory Structure

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: <ACLUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Directory Structure
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Nov 1999 19:36:00 -0600

Yes.  There is a default called the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard,
documented at http://www.pathname.com/.  Current distributions
generally try to adhere to the FSSTND, the Filesystem Standard, an
earlier version of the FHS, also at the same location.  Debian 2.2
will adhere to FHS.  RedHat is somewhere in the middle at the moment.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 494,098th digit of pi is 2.