Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] LILO trouble

Subject: [aclug-L] LILO trouble
From: Nathan & Jenny <njcozzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:49:26 -0600

Saturday's NETWorkshop was great!  Thank you Jon Hall and everyone else who
helped make it happen.  I learned a lot, and I'm really glad I went.

I borrowed a laptop and got permission to install LINUX for the
NETWorkshop.  But now I'm having trouble restoring the hard drive back to
its original state.  LILO won't go away completely.  After the restoration
of the hard drive's Win95 image, I can read everything in the FAT fine,
providing I boot from a floppy.  If I try to boot from the hard drive, I
get the following:

LI

and then the system hangs.

This is actually making progress.  I used to get:

LIL

and then the system would hang.

Does anyone know how to completely get rid of LILO?

Nate Cozzens