Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: modprobe question...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: modprobe question...
From: gLaNDix <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:33:55 +0100

Jeff wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, gLaNDix wrote:
>
> > Jeff wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, gLaNDix wrote:
> > >
> > > *cough* It means that on Nov 18 at 2:26 AM, modprobe couldn't locate
> > > the ppp-compress 21,24, and 26 modules *cough* :)
> >
> > um, that's not quite what i meant...  : ^ )
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist :)

haahaa  : ^ )

> Dale sent a note that says they refer to compression techniques for
> ppp. I haven't fiddled with them much; I probably compiled them into
> the kernel instead of as modules.

yeah, saw this right after i posted my msg...  where would i compile those
into the kernel?  i looked around in 'make xconfig', but didn't see
anything that looked like it to me...  what do i look for...

> Homer:  No beer and no TV make Homer something something ...
> Marge:  Go crazy?
> Homer:  Don't - Mind - If - I - Do!

one of the greats!  : ^ )

--
"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.boycott-ms.org/