Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: iMac hell - not quite!

To: John Reinke <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: iMac hell - not quite!
From: Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:26:46 -0600

Hello John,

Sunday, November 14, 1999, 5:22:24 PM, you wrote:

JR> Yes, iMacs are included in LinuxPPC (USB and all), and have been for a
JR> while now. LinuxPPC is based on RedHat, but you can download it for free.
JR> Yellow Dog is a commercial distribution, based on LinuxPPC, which also
JR> includes different levels of support (and isn't a free download). They are
JR> about the only distributions available for PowerPC systems. Debian has one,
JR> but the last time I checked, they didn't have an installer or single
JR> installation package. Most people who used the Debian distro started with
JR> LinuxPPC, and then converted it to Debian. It has been a while since I
JR> checked into the Debian distribution, so they may be further along by now,
JR> but I haven't heard anything about it.

     Yeah, now that I think about it I'll bet that was BeOS that I was
     referring to not covering iMacs but covering other apples. I'll
     check into LinuxPPC. Debian is the build I've wanted to install
     and learn but I guess I'll have to take what I can get. :)

Best regards,
   Kurgan                     mailto:Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx