Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: RH 6.1 Printer problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: RH 6.1 Printer problems
From: ahughes <ahughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 15:00:33 -0600 (CST)

I recently installed RH6.1, too. It took me days to get the printers (I
have two ports, too) working. What I did, finally, was to put the
following line in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local: /sbin/modprobe parport_pc

When I played aroud and tried to load it with parameters I could only
access one port or the other. This worked for me - I don't know if it is
the correct or best way.

Good luck,
Ann