Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] RH 6.1 Printer problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] RH 6.1 Printer problems
From: Mike McNown <mdm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 02:19:42 -0600

I am needing some information on printer port identification problems. I recently installed RH 6.1 and it would not recognize the two parallel ports I have. I asked RH support and finally received the answer that I needed to add 'alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc' to my /etc/conf.modules. Well I did and it worked for the first port (lp0)! Does anybody understand what this string is doing and how I can maybe modify it so it will recognize the second port?

Mike McNown
mdm@xxxxxxxxxxx

"No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has
been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all
those other forms that have been tried from time to time."
Winston Churchill , speech (1947)