Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Sendmail question

To: ACLUG-L <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Sendmail question
From: Tyler Doubrava <tdoubrav@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 00:31:00 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to get sendmail on a Mandrake box to relay to a Groupwise mail
server which periodically dials the ISP to exchange mail.

I have set up the groupwise box as as smart relay, in sendmail.cf.  All is OK,
as long as the linux box can resolve MX records via DNS for mail going to
outside domains.  Trouble is, that box will not be connected to the internet,
and I don't want to mess with DNS if I don't have to.

Does anyone know how I can force it to not try DNS lookups, but to just forward
the mail on to the groupwise box?

Thanks,

Tyler

E-Mail: Tyler Doubrava <tdoubrav@xxxxxxxx>