Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Automatically entering today's date in a subjectline

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Automatically entering today's date in a subjectline
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:13:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Ryan Claycamp wrote:

> Great.  That is exactly what I needed.  I can now grab the right
> page and send it with the right date in the subject.  My problem
> now is getting my mailer, mutt, to send it as html instead of
> plain text.  Does anyone know how to do it with mutt, or any other
> mailing program?

Wrap "<HTML><BODY> .... </BODY></HTML>" tags around it?
Seriously, this is a bigger problem than you think.  How
do you tell the program how to mark up your text?

If you simply want it to be valid html, wrap the tags around it.
If you want it sent as text/html, that's up to your mailer (and I
don't use mutt). If you want it to be /pretty/ HTML, that's harder.

-jeff
--
I find television very educational. Every time someone turns on the set,
I go into the other room and read a book.  --Groucho Marx