Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: PCMCIA

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: PCMCIA
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:43:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Wayne White wrote:

> Got the new laptop working and want to hook it up to my
> network. I've got a Linksys PCMCIA Ethercard and it
> appears to be supported by linux/RedHat.
>
> When I installed RH I passed on setting up any network
> stuff. I do think that I included all the usual PCMCIA
> things though.
>
> How do I get my laptop to recognize that it has a PCMCIA
> card plugged in? After that how do I get the correct
> driver installed? The man pages I've checked don't really
> go into that.

pcmcia should do all that for you, once you plug in the card it will load
the correct driver for it.

you also might want to check the PCMCIA-How-to

--
Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC

  -- Chris DiBona on neo-renassaince Homo Heileinias Eric S. Raymond. (Open
Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)