Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Sound card problems

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Sound card problems
From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:31:39 -0500

I am having trouble getting my sound card configured on RHL 5.2.  It is
called
"Waverider Classic", and I can't find a manufacturer name.
It used to work in W95, but quit after I installed another IDE
disk and a SCSI board.  It has never worked in Linux.  I have
checked thoroughly for interrupt/resource conflicts and don't
see any.  Something recently made be suspect the hardware
might have gone bad, but I don't remember what it was.

Here is the relevant part of dmesg:

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
SB 3.1 detected OK (220)
SB DSP version is just 3.1 which means that your card is
several years old (8 bit only device) or alternatively the sound driver
is incorrectly configured.
YM3812 and OPL-3 driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen, Rob Hooft
1993-1996
OPL3 not detected ff