Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] non-root user accounts

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] non-root user accounts
From: Nate <njcozzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 00:10:42 -0500

I have another question:

I've been using root exclusively, simply because I've been trying to get
my computer setup.  Now that I've pretty much got everything setup, I'm
ready to create another user account for myself.

What kinds of rights should I give this account?
What kinds of rights should I not give this account?
If I create an account for my less computer literate wife, what kinds of
rights should I not give her?

Thanks,
Nate Cozzens