Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Mail server and proxy account at Southwind.

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Mail server and proxy account at Southwind.
From: Ryan Claycamp <claycamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:32:26 -0500

The store and forward solution wouldn't work for us, but I got a
fetchmail/procmail solution working.  Root uses fetchmail, through cron,
to pull all our mail from Southwind.  Fetchmail then sends the mail
through procmail, which sends each message to the appropriate local
mailbox.  I used cron so I can have the server check for mail less often
than during business hours.  If people are interested, I can post the
fetchmail and procmail configure files.

Ryan

--
Visit the Guernsey Aviation web page - http://www.guernseyaviation.com/