Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Printer setup

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Printer setup
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:37:48 -0500

>Which distro is this with?  Do you know what Ghostscript command line
>it's using?

Debian.  I'm glad you asked the other question. That got me to look at the
filter, which I hadn't thought of looking at before. Right now, it is set
to the laserjet-filter, in /etc/magicfilter. There isn't a filter with a
name for the LaserJet 6P, so I may need to mess around a little.

Here's what the arguments are for Ghostscript when printing a postscript file:

/usr/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -r300 -sDEVICE=laserjet -sOutputFile=- -

After looking at the Ghostscript manpage, I know that -r300 prints 300 dpi,
while this printer is capable of 600 dpi. So, there are probably a few
configurations I will need to do. I still don't see how to get the output
centered, though.

John