Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: first solaris box

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: first solaris box
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:33:12 -0500

I had previously heard that Solaris is pretty resource hungry.  It could be
that it needs faster/newer hardware.  I also heard that the ram requirements
are rather stiff also.  It's all hearsay (or heresy) so I'll have to probably
give it a try before it will be clear to me how they compare.  It's an
attractive option however, at least possibly.