Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] tease...

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] tease...
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:55:15 -0500

Problem: run an ega lcd projector screen, with a vga card.

Situation:
              I can make it run electronically, can a computer be set up
to force into the 480 x 640 (ega)mode?, can you then scroll around in
the screen like I can when I am in 640 x 768(vga) mode?  I can use the
ctrl alt + and ctrl alt - to scroll between 6 or 7 different sizes.
When I am out of svga, the computer still remembers all the data that
would fit in the svga and lets me slide the screen around.  This
computer would be solely for displaying schematic drawings in front of a
classroom.  Probably a 486 or something else small.

mike