Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Quick News

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Quick News
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Sep 1999 12:47:30 -0500

Hi,

I have a few quick notes to comminucate to you today.

 * The results of our Survey are in.  You can find the results and
   commentary  at http://www.aclug.org/news/938489010/index_html
   which is part of our news site at http://www.aclug.org/news/.
   Interesting stuff.  You're welcome to post to that address!

 * Clint has posted some information to the news site about updating
   your Debian distribution.  He's promised to get a reformatted
   version up soon as well.

 * The committee is planning future meetings.  The dates are October
   11 and 25.  Topics are being discussed and the survey results are
   helpful here.  Any other comments are welcome too.  There is also
   talk about setting up workshops since there seems to be significant
   interest there.  Keep comments coming!

 * There is interest in Wichita in non-Linux Free Unix OSs.  You are
   welcome to discuss questions relating to these OSs such as FreeBSD,
   Hurd, etc. in our lists, on our website, at meetings, etc.

 * Reminder: you can sometimes find ACLUG people online in IRC for
   live chat.  Use server irc.us.openprojects.net, channel #aclug.
   Best times are evenings.

Have a good week!

-- John Goerzen