Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] Memorex Telex Client Server Terminal

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Memorex Telex Client Server Terminal
From: Dale W Hodge <dwh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:54:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hi!  I just bought a couple new-in-the-box Memorex Telex Model C3473A
Client Server Terminals.  My problem is that I have no documentation on
them at all.  They appear to be an Intel 486SX25 based disc-less
workstations.  They configuration screen allows booting from 6 choices,
of which two look Linux friendly: BOOTP and NFS.

I've read the disc-less howto, read the documentation on netboot, read the
documentation on BOOTP, DHCP, TFTP and anything else I thought would be
helpful.  But I still can't get the darn things to boot. They get their
net address okay, and start the TFTP process then hang.  Somewhere I'm
missing something.  Any clues or suggestions?  Websites, documentation
pointers, or whatever would be greatly appreciated.

 - Dale W Hodge -

   __   _
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a