Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Cheap ISPs?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Cheap ISPs?
From: Bob_Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:10:56 +0000

Greg House wrote:

> I have a quick question for you. Southwind appears to have dropped their
> Individual Paperless accounts ($5/6 hours/direct charged billing) for new
> customers) and a friend of mine is looking for inexpensive internet access.
> It looks like all anyone's offering these days is about $20 a month for
> unlimited access. He doesn't need unlimited access, and is on a budget that
> doesn't allow for $20 a month (frankly, I don't want to pay that much
> myself...).  You can get some discount if you're willing to pay a year in
> advance, but that's a considerable chunk of change to have to come up with
> all at once.
>
> Do any of you know a decent ISP that offers a discounted service, possibly
> with limited connection time? (obviously, connecting with Linux is required,
> so don't bother suggesting netzero or anyone else that requires a
> proprietary application that's only suppied for M$ OS's).
>
> Greg

I beleive that mindspring AKA netcom has some limited use packages that
are inexpensive and they accept linux PPP connections just fine from
me.  I think they start about $9 and go up to $20 for unlimited...  They
are only at 33.6 here in town though...

What about the Wichita Eagle?  Anybody know what their prices look
like?  I thought they where rather cheep...

--
      -=  Bob =-
Hey.. This is my mail and I charge for SPAM I receive...