Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Where are the HOWTOs and some other questions...

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Where are the HOWTOs and some other questions...
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 01:10:45 -0500

The slackware CD has images to load from 1.44 floppies.  From there you
could upgrade.  I've tried it, and it works.  It will be a lot of work.
 Once you get the old Linux in, you will have to upgrade, if you want
newer, as the slackware I was given is version 3.6  You could configure the
PPP connection and download the stuff you wanted to plug in, but this will
be very time consuming. Another thought, is if you purchased the red hat
CD's from redhat, they have support.  They may have it in floppy form and
the scripts to load it.

Another route, is to borrow a IDE cdrom, and load it in and then remove the
cdrom.

Mike