Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Physical Security of Linux Boxen

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Physical Security of Linux Boxen
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Jun 1999 22:23:42 -0500

I've done some work setting up things in this situation at WSU.

Things to keep in mind:

 1) Use a distribution that uses secure-su, meaning that it requires
    a password before entering single-user mode.

 2) Disable boot from floppy capability in your BIOS.

 3) Password protect the BIOS.

 4) Password protect your LILO.

If you need more info, feel free to ask.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 60,007,821st prime number is 1,190,658,263.