Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] XWindows

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] XWindows
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:19:12 -0500

i'm still useing 5.2 my self but
i would suspect that your unknown user is "root".
try that with the password that you chose.

once in,  do adduser ******

good luck

phrostie

Lee NutMan wrote:

Please help, I just installed RH 6.0 and can't do anything at all.  When
I boot into Linux it automatically starts xwindows but during install I
never saw an option of creating a user.  I did do a password but without
a user the pwd is useless.
Thanks in advance,
Lee
lear45bldr@xxxxxxxxxxx