Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] XWindows

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: lear45bldr@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] XWindows
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Jun 1999 22:30:03 -0500

Hi,

Most likely, you set a password for the user "root".  Try logging in
as that.  Then, either use the control-panels or pop up an xterm and
try the "adduser" program to create your own username.

Feel free to ask if you need more detail; I'm sure one of the RedHat
users in the group will be able to help you along.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 767,438th digit of pi is 1.